Everyone knows that maintaining an espresso machine is essential to keeping it in good shape to make great espresso drinks daily. If equipment isn’t cleaned regularly, it may be more likely to get broken or grow mold or bacteria that could be dangerous.
Breville espresso machines are some of the bests on the market in terms of how they look, how reliable they are, and how well they work. But if you clean it infrequently, it can get filthy and gross.
You must follow the proper steps for the best cleaning result. In this article, we’ll discuss the best way to clean a Breville coffee machine with the tips.
Easy Steps for Cleaning a Breville Espresso Machine
If you want your Breville coffee machine to last as long as possible and work well, clean it after every use.
1. Remove the Group Head
One must press either the manual or a preset shot button to clear the shower screen and group head of any leftover coffee grounds. After that, dry it off with a moist cloth and clean the group head and case.
2. Wash the Steam Wand
Unscrew the steam wand’s tip, immerse it in hot water with some cleaning powder, and then use the tool to unclog it again if necessary. The steam wand should be put back together and tested by running some steam through it.
3. Remove the Portafilter and Basket
You can accomplish this by knocking out the used puck and rinsing the portafilter and basket with hot water to eliminate lingering coffee grounds.
If you put the portafilter in the dishwasher, the handle will lose its shiny coating.
Filter basket holes that have become clogged can be unclogged with the pin on the steam wand cleaning tool.
4. Wipe Down the Drip Tray
When the tray is complete, the Breville Espresso Machine has an “empty me” sign that pops up. The water is then emptied into the sink after removing the drip tray.
Before restoring the drip tray and grid, clean them with hot, soapy water and let them dry.
5. Purify the Knock Box
You should routinely empty and clean out any knock boxes or coffee grind bins you use to avoid mold growth.
Your Breville coffee machine should be cleaned regularly by doing these simple things. It can seem like a lot at first, but you’ll finish in no time if you get into a rhythm.
Aslo Read: How to Clean Hamilton Beach Coffee Maker
These tasks take more time and effort and must be done every few months.
1. Cleaning Cycle (Backflush)
Repeat the cleaning cycle for every two to three months or after 200 cups of coffee, suggests Breville.
All Breville Espresso Machines have a “clean me” light or a message that pops up when it’s time to clean them.
- Place the cleaning disk inside your portafilter’s 1-cup filter basket.
- Put in your coffee cleaning tablet or powder.
- Secure the group head on the portafilter.
- Fill the water tank with cold water and empty the drip tray.
- Start the cycle to clean. One is built into every Breville machine.
- Once done, please remove the portafilter, cleaning disk, and drip tray and rinse them.
2. Replacing the Water Filter
A water filter is included with each Breville espresso machine, and it must be replaced every three months.
Whether you use filtered water or a water filter, the Breville espresso machine won’t need to be descaled as regularly.
The water filter can be changed using the instructions below.
- Unwrap and soak your new water filter in a cup of water for 5 minutes.
- Set the calendar dial to help you recall when you inserted the water filter. You can utilize this by selecting the month you’d like the filter to apply to.
- Take out the old filter and empty the water tank.
- Put the new filter in place, and then fill up the water tank.
Tips for Daily Cleaning and Maintenance
The maintenance suggestions can keep your Breville espresso machine running like new for years. With a little effort, you can maintain your Breville espresso machine.
Maintaining your machine extends its life and assures excellent espresso. Thus, spend some time maintaining your Breville espresso maker and savor the exquisite flavor of each cup.
Weekly Maintenance Tips
- Please remove the steam wand and clean it with an acid-based cleaning solution, such as an espresso machine cleaner and a moist cloth.
- Use a descaling solution to clean the machine once a week.
- Use a gentle brush to clean any residue or grounds from the brew head and portafilter.
- Flush the machine with a couple of shots of plain, hot water to remove any cleaning agent residue.
Monthly Maintenance Tips
- Use a soft cloth to clean the machine’s housing well to remove buildup.
- For optimal results, descale the computer using a descaling solution and adhere to the instructions on the package.
- Rinse the filter basket and portafilter in hot water to remove lingering grinds or residue.
- Give the machine a few squirts of plain hot water to remove any cleaning agent residue.
- Replace any worn parts, like gaskets or seals, according to the instructions in your Breville manual.
How to Use Vinegar to Clean a Breville Espresso Machine?
Fill the espresso machine’s water reservoir with vinegar and water. Start and run the machine.
Once clean, pour hot water through the espresso maker to remove any residual solution. Next, run the machine with plain, hot water several times to eliminate any last traces of vinegar flavor in your espresso.
How to Use Tablets to Clean a Breville Espresso Machine?
Add one of these carefully developed cleaning tablets and lukewarm water to the reservoir. Run the espresso maker with hot water until it runs clean, after letting it run for a few minutes to flush off any residual solution.
How long do Breville coffee makers last?
Taking care of and cleaning your Breville espresso machine regularly should last you more than 6–10 years.
How often should a Breville coffee machine be cleaned?
Cleaning should be done after every 10 to 20 uses, although the frequency will vary on how frequently you use the machine. It’s also essential to use a Descaler on the machine every one to two months.
It’s important to remember to clean the Breville espresso maker. Regular cleaning will not only make the coffee taste better, but it will also keep your machine in good shape between uses.
Moreover, you must complete a water flush after descaling your espresso maker with vinegar and water solution every 3 to 6 months. If you follow these guidelines, you should be able to continue making excellent espresso for many years to come.
Also Read: 11 Best Espresso Machine under 1000