Dalgona coffee has been increasingly popular in the United States over the last year, and after you try it, you will appreciate why! If appropriately prepared, many individuals prefer it above conventional hot or iced coffee.
The key to producing the best dalgona coffee is to choose the best instant coffee that works with the particular recipe. Some folks claim that regular brewed coffee may be substituted in the recipe but do not believe the hype.
To make the Best Instant Dalgona Coffee, you must first understand why instant coffee is required, which type is the best, and how to utilize it properly in the process.
List of 6 Best Instant Coffee for Dalgona
Waka Quality Instant Coffee
NESCAFE CLASICO Dark Roast Instant Coffee
Folgers Classic Roast Instant Coffee Crystals
Starbucks VIA Instant Coffee Medium Roast
Nescafe Taster’s Choice
Community Coffee Signature Blend Dark Roast
1. Waka Quality Instant Coffee
- Medium Roast Coffee
- Arabica Beans Freeze-Dried
- 8 Sachets for Hot and Cold Coffee
Colombian Instant Coffee made with just Arabica beans. Freeze drying is used to retain the aroma and flavor of the beans—smooth, citrusy, and well-balanced with a medium roast.
A trained panel of tasters selected the best instant coffee. It’s like a fresh cup of coffee, but it’s ready in a flash. All you need is a cup of joe, and you’re ready to go.
The quality instant coffee comes in single-serve packets of 0.1 ounces in each package. The outer packaging is recyclable and compact.
Like whipped coffee, Waka Coffee is the hottest instant coffee to try right now. Dalgona Coffee fans who aren’t sure whether they can drink instant coffee every day might try this Colombian single-serve box.
- High-quality Coffee Beans
- Manufactured with Advanced Technology
- Delicious Flavor
- Packed in California
- Tastes like Instant Coffee
2. NESCAFE CLASICO Dark Roast Instant Coffee
- Dark Roast Instant Coffee
- Caffeinated Content
- 7 Ounce (Pack of 3)
The top pick is NESCAFE CLASICO Dark Roast Instant Coffee on this list. Real Arabica and Robusta beans are used in the production of this product. It has a rich, creamy texture and an excellent flavor.
It’s finest served hot, but it can also be made into iced coffee if you choose. Since Dalgona coffee does not require a hot beverage, this is an excellent alternative.
Nestle’s Clasico It’s what it says it is: a dark roast of instant coffee. The flavor is full-bodied and sophisticated, although some may find it too much for their taste. However, because Dalgona coffee is a creamy beverage, the strong flavor will not be an issue.
- Premium Flavor
- Exceptional Taste
- Pure Quality
- Nasty and Bitter Taste
3. Folgers Classic Roast Instant Coffee Crystals
- Instant Coffee Crystals
- Classic Roast
- 8 Ounces
This brand of instant coffee is well-known and beloved by many. Water or milk can easily brew Folgers Classic Roast Instant Coffee Crystals. Dalgona whipped coffee may be made quickly and easily with this method.
The flavor of Folgers Classic Roast is true to its name, yet it lacks complexity. Overdoing it on the water can result in a weak, watery cup of joe. This may not be an issue, but it is something to keep in mind when drinking Dalgona coffee.
Cheap and effective, Folgers Classic Roast Instant Coffee is an excellent choice.
- Great for Baking and Cooking
- Assembled with Chocolate Milk, it’s easy
- A Good Substitute for Brewed Coffee.
- No Whipped Coffee
4. Starbucks VIA Instant Coffee Medium Roast
- Medium Roast Coffee
- Pike Place Roast
- 100% Arabica
- 1 Box (50 Packets)
- Ethically Sourced
Starbucks VIA Instant Pike Place Roast Medium Roast instant coffee comes in a 50-count box. You’ll get Cup after Cup of great coffee from the brand you know and trust.
Blended from Latin American coffees with subtle chocolate and toasted nut aromas, it’s ideal for any time of the day. Starbucks VIA instant coffee is highly regarded among fans of the brand, and they may be onto something.
Coffee beans of the highest quality are used to produce this instant coffee, with a medium roast flavor that brings out the best in each sip. This is a great choice to get the best dalgona coffee at home.
- Fresh Taste
- Easy to Make
- Best Single-Serve Coffee
- The Cup’s Rim is Clouded with a Dark Film.
5. Nescafe Taster’s Choice
- French Roast Instant Coffee
- 2 x 11.1-ounce (320 cups total)
- Resealable Canisters
NESCAFE Taster’s Choice French Roast Instant Coffee’s full-bodied flavor lets you appreciate robust flavors in only a few short minutes. Your cup of joe will taste a little better when you use this medium-to-dark roasted coffee.
The Nescafe you’ve been looking for but prefer a darker roast may be right up your alley here. It’s a French roast with a robust but smooth flavor from Nescafe’s Taster’s Choice.
- Fantastic Flavor and Aroma
- Stronger and Richer Instant Coffee
- Some may find it too Strong
6. Community Coffee Signature Blend Dark Roast
- Dark Roast Instant Coffee
- 7-Ounce Bottle (Pack of 4)
This rich, dark roast instant coffee has been around for more than a century and is still going strong. Because of its robust flavor and chocolaty undertone, it may be used to make excellent Dalgona coffee.
This is one of the most incredible instant coffee selections you can get on the market at present.
Roasted to a deep, dark perfection, this original dark roast mix with hints of delicious dark chocolate. Chocolate notes abound in this mouthwatering concoction.
Over a century of service. Easy as it gets when drinking coffee. With only one step—adding hot water—our instant coffee blends seamlessly into a rich, flavorful cup of joe.
- Rich and Bold Blend
- Great Dark Roast Instant Coffee
- Not for Medium Roasted Coffee Lovers
What is Dalgona Coffee?
In summary, Dalgona Coffee is a famous moniker for the currently trendy whipped instant coffee drink. The name stems from the popular South Korean Street toffee-like confection, Dalgona.
During the COVID-19 quarantine, the first social media posts in South Korea showed people producing the fascinating instant coffee drink.
According to a March 2020 article in the Los Angeles Times, “making Dalgona iced coffee and talking about it online are two ways Koreans are keeping connected.”
Since then, millions of recipe videos have been on YouTube, Tik Tok, and Instagram for Dalgona Coffee. Attempts were made to incorporate other ingredients into the popular fad, such as matcha and even Strawberry Milk.
5 Steps for Making Dalgona with Instant Coffee
- 2 tbsp Hot Water
- 2 tbsp Granulated White Sugar
- 8 oz Milk
- 2 tbsp Instant Coffee
- Medium or Large Size Bowl for Mixing
- Electric Whisk Blender
- 10-12 oz Cup
- Gather the necessary ingredients and supplies.
- Blend for between 5 and 10 minutes until the sugar and coffee are dissolved. While the appearance may be off-putting, and you may not believe that it will thicken and whip, The longer it is whisked, the lighter and thicker it will become. Hand whisking might take anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour or more.
- Prepare a glass of chilled milk, with or without ice, once the cream has been beaten. Whipped coffee should have a little more area to sit on top of your glass.
- Place a dollop of the whipped Dalgona coffee mixture on top of your glass of milk.
- Stir your Dalgona combination into the milk lightly, and ENJOY!
TIP: Do not Taste. Whipped Dalgona is very Bitter and Strong.
Things to Remember
- Do not taste the Dalgona whipped combination by itself because it will be so harsh that you may forget the whole concoction immediately.
- Before you try it, mix a small amount of the powder into the milk.
- Don’t give up while beating the mixture! It will start dark and brighten and thicken at the same time as you whisk it. Whip it up until it reaches the consistency of heavy cream.
Dalgona coffee swept the country over a year ago, and if it is brewed correctly, it is a delicious coffee drink that may rival many coffee shop specialties.
The trick is being patient enough to wait for the ingredients to whip up, even though you might be sure that it will not. Mix it in lightly with your milk until you taste it, and you may enjoy your new favorite coffee drink.
“This article contains affiliate links, which means that Best Coffee Sip will be compensated if you buy something after clicking on one of the links. Read full disclosure statement.”